Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Vacation Re-cap

I had a really nice Christmas vacation.  I was off work from December 25th until January 3nd.  Christmas Eve we went to church for the candlelight service.  Christmas Day was pretty quiet.  We opened packages and then hung out until 6:00 PM when it was time to go to my sister's house for dinner.  Here's a couple of pix:
Opening my stocking.  That's me before I showered so no make-up and no bra either.
From left, me, my 16-year-old sister and my older sister. I probably have a bra on there.

The day after Christmas we went to my uncle's house in Vancouver, Washington to see my dad's side of the family. We stayed the night in Vancouver and goofed around in Portland, Oregon on Monday.  We had breakfast at a Swedish restaurant.  Since we don't eat out much, I'm always shocked by how little I eat.  I ended up splitting my breakfast with both of my daughters and I still didn't finish it.  Later we went to Ikea and then the Lloyd Center mall.  Before we headed home we had the obligatory dinner at Burgerville. 

The rest of the week was pretty quiet.  I caught up on my scrapbooking.  I organized my daughter's bedroom.  I did a little shopping (yes I got "the outfit").  I caught a cold so I tried to sleep it off.  I went to bed at 9:00 PM on New Year's Eve.  Seriously!

On New Year's Day we went to the Santiam Pass and stayed the night at Belknap hot springs.  We rented the cutest little cabin and spent the day sledding and playing in the snow and then soaking in the hot spring pool to warm up.  In the evening we watched a movie while relaxing in front of a roaring fire and had cinnamon roles.  It struck me in that moment that there was nothing that could make that moment more perfect. 

Here's a picture from last year when we visited Belknap:


Here I am this year:



I haven't weighed in since the week before Christmas so I don't know where I am, but my food was fine over the holiday.  I did a bit of snacking on Monday evening and Tuesday last week, but I reined myself in pretty quickly.  So we'll see what the scale says tomorrow.  Since I only lost 3 lbs. in December despite no significant changes in my eating habits, I'm a little nervous!

Here's a couple more pictures from our snow weekend:


Brody, the dog
Our family

My daughters in front of the McKenzie River

12 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Hey, I've been meaning to share with you the fabulousness that is Mucho Gusto (local/Oregon mexican restaurant chain) I think here are two up in Eugene? Anyways, I get a 1/4 lb cup of the carnitas and a cup of the black beans to go. I take it home and make 3 meals out of it (total cost: $4). Can't remember if you are vegetarian, but even the beans alone are yummy :)

Justawallflower said...

What wonderful pictures! and I love the cabin idea, and the hot spring? sounds awesome! also, in the first pic I didn't notice the lack of makeup or bra, all I noticed is how freakin tiny your are!

Rachel said...

These are great pictures, very outdoorsy. Happy New Year Amanda...thank you for your support.

~Lisa~ said...

What absolutely beautiful pivtures! Thank you so much for sharing!

It looks like a wonderful vacation! I woul LOVE to be at the hot springs right now!

Kristin said...

You look great, and your family is beautiful, Amanda. Glad you had a wonderful holiday.

Sarah said...

Hi Amanda! Looks like you had a really great vacation!

Thanks for your comment - yes I'm also a vegetarian - I did about 6 months they year pre-band where I decided I was going to eat meat again. It didn't last long. I did it because I actually thought I would be able to eat healthier meals with my family. My hubby and son are not vegetarians, so meal time was always challenging. It just grossed me out too much. ICK! I couldn't do it!

I think it was you who said that you had to give up tofu - me too. it stinks. The few times I've tried it I've been STUCK! Bad. How is that? I did have the Ma Po Tofu at PF Chang's recently - it's really soft and I didn't have a problem. Of course a few pieces was enough, but it tasted SO good. But, it's fried, so it's not very good for you - but my mouth is watering thinking about how good it was!

Sam said...

Looks like you had a great time :o)

#fatfreefloozy said...

lol @ the bra comment. You are looking amazing!

Silverhairedgoddess said...

Great photos - you had a wonderful vacation and you look fantastic - what a difference a year can make!

MandaPanda said...

Beautiful family. And, might I say, you look so much younger! Truly, you look great!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

great pics and I can see the difference from last year!

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

Jess said...

Great pics! Glad the holidays went well for you.

You are looking fantastic!