Okay, here's the deal. I have to list five guilty pleasures and then nominate three fabulous and sweet bloggers I know and love!
1) Every morning I drink my coffee while leisurely reading the newspaper in the bathtub. I get up two hours before I need to be anywhere so I can spend an hour or so bathing and 30 minutes walking my dog as well as the 15 minutes or whatever it takes to do my hair and make up.
2) Although I'm always pinching pennies, there are two things that I refuse to compromise on. One is Paul Mitchel hair products. My sister is a stylist so we shop at the Beauty Supply House and pay about half the retail price, but it is still kind of spendy. The second is Proactive skin care products. I have dealt with acne off and on since I was a teenager and have tried many different products over the years. The only other thing that has worked consistently is an antibiotic, but I'd prefer not to take antibiotics on an on-going basis. Proactive is the only over-the-counter product that actually works!
3) My bedroom is my refuge. I have an enormous king-size bed with a memory foam mattress. My favorite blanket is just the softest thing! I've been known to say that it is so soft that it fills like 25 little fuzzy kittens came and laid down right on top of me and then (sadly) died and sacrificed their silky coats for my comfort! For the record, it is NOT made of dead kitten fur, but it is just that soft! This time of year, I'm loving my electric fire which is also in my room. Since we don't have a fireplace in our house, it looks like a fire and warms the room so nicely!
4) I've had to limit sweets as part of my weight-loss program, but I typically have a couple of servings of really good chocolate a week. Yum!
5) Apparently I don't indulge much as I'm having trouble coming up with five items. The only other thing I can think of is that I only buy name-brand shoes for myself and my kids. I think cheap shoes are junk and they fall apart really fast, especially with kids shoes. So I buy them a pair of name-brand tennis shoes at the beginning of the year and they last all year.
I follow many wonderful blogs and have learned so much from each and every one of you. I have also grown and healed so much through this blog and you've ALL been a part of that. I've decided to nominate some new(er), pre-op bloggers because I hope they'll grow as much as I have through these wonderful community.
Lee Ann - Lee Ann is battling her insurance company for Lap-Band approval and I hope she gets it. If you aren't follower her, pop over and lend some support.
Blondee - Blondee will be traveling to Mexico in a few days for her surgery. I can't wait to follow her journey!
Cadx2mom - She'll be banded on 2/10 so let's give her some support too!