Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Down 1.4 lbs.

For the first time in MONTHS, I have actually lost more than one pound this week!  I am down 1.4 lbs. (.6 kg.) for a total of 106.4 lbs. (48.3 kg.).  I now weigh 173.6 lbs. (79.2 kg.).  My BMI is 26.4.

It has been nearly three months since I saw a loss greater than one pound in a week.  I've been in the 170's since December 17, 2010.  At this point I am considering it an aberration.  Next week I'll probably be down .2 lbs. (.09 kg.).

I wonder how many posts I will write about slow weight loss.  It is hard to come up with a new way to spin it except to say that weight loss slows down as you get smaller.  I am happy with my current weight.  Although I'd like to see a "normal" BMI (still 10.6 lbs. (4.8 kg.) away), I'd be fine if I never lost another ounce.  At this rate I won't see a normal BMI for quite some time!

So let's move on to something more interesting!  There is going to be another get-together in Eugene, Oregon for anyone who can make it on Saturday, March 5th.  I'll be there, Tina, Lap-Band Gal and Jen will all be there.  We're talking about meeting at P.F. Changs.  I'm so excited!  If you think you can make it, email me at amandakiska@yahoo.com.        

12 comments:

Theresa said...

Congrats on the loss! I'm jealous of the get together!

LDswims said...

Yay! 1.4 in a week is great and a BMI of 26.4 is awesome! You will get to normal BMI soon. I have confidence in that!

Totally jealous of the get-together. I so wish I could join y'all!

Amanda said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I have a very important questions...what do you get that is band friendly at PF Changs?? - that's one of my favorite restaurants!!

Steph said...

Once again, congrats on the loss...I am so happy for you!!

Shannon said...

YAY!
and jealous! We wont be in oregon till the end of june! I would have so loved to meet up with all of you.

Jess said...

Congrats on your loss! That's awesome. I think my weight has gone up like 1.2lbs in the last few days thanks to my lovely eating.

haha

MandaPanda said...

1.4 is a great loss for just a week! Weight loss certainly slows down but it sounds like you're content and you know you'll get there eventually. I've never wanted to be OR so bad in my life!

Something About Kellie said...

YAY! Congrats. My goal is to weigh under 80kgs so thats awesome :)

Bonnie said...

Congrats on weight loss. The last time the Maryland girls got together we met at PF Changs.

Jen from Oregon said...

YAY for the loss :) See you in a couple weeks!

Gen said...

NICE! That is awesome. You know, my surgeon said aim for anything below 29 BMI and you will be good - all the health benefits happen at 28 or below, so says the doc.....

Rhonda said...

Sounds like you're doing all the good. Did you do anything different this week that helped fuel the loss more than usual? :)

Oh, and I wish I could go to the mini-BOOBs trip! Jealous!