Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Love My Band!

I wrote kind of a sad sack post earlier today and then had an experience I wanted to share with you guys. I was planning to get lunch at Café Yumm!, a local restaurant that serves rice & bean dishes. Pre-band I would get a medium or large bowl and a bag of Kettle chips and eat it all. I usually eat there are Wednesdays, but now I get a small bowl and no chips. I was feeling kind of sorry for myself as I drove there earlier and thinking I wanted the chips. I was thinking that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life NOT eating chips with lunch. So I decided to get the chips and portion them out. I got the chips and small bowl and sat down to eat at my desk. I counted out my 13 chips (1 serving) and started on the rice and beans. I couldn't finish them! I threw away about 1/4 of the dish. I love my band!

10 comments:

Janelle said...

I am glad you are happy with your band again! Although, why don't you save leftovers for later?? I never throw anything away lol!

Lonicera said...

Glad you're feeling better! And like your new name (what happened to Amandalandia??) Wish you lots of luck with it.
It's unbearable to have to say to oneself "I'll never eat X again", isn't it? I have that with all beef except for minced beef, and it breaks my heart, I must admit...
Caroline

Mary said...

Isn't that a great feeling?! Glad that you're feeling better!

Kristin said...

I've had that happen quite a few times - I go into my meal all bummed that I won't be able to eat what I "want," and then end the meal very happily satisfied with what I've had. Isn't it lovely? ;)

Cindylew said...

Just a short message from Bandster Hell...I'm freakin' jealous.
But extremely happy for you at the same time.

Amy said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have the same emotions, but it is starting to get better. I'm starting to remember before eating that I will get full quickly and that insatiable hunger won't be so bad for long...it does help!

workinprogress said...

Isn't it amazing :-)

THE DASH! said...

Nice, nice ...and that's what its all about. Our eyes are usually bigger than our bellies, but our bands put a stop to it.

Bonnie said...

Must have been a great feeling.

Kathy said...

Oh that is so cool. I love Cafe Yumm too. Wish they'd open one here in Roseburg. I am glad you are doing okay again. Keep up the good work.