Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

I am truly honored to have been given this award by two of my favorite bloggers, Pamela and Kagead. Thank you both so much and thank you to all of my followers who faithfully read this drivel and make insightful comments, even when I don't have anything to offer.

I am supposed to tell you seven things that you may not know about me and then nominate seven others for the award. So without further ado, here goes!

1) Whenever I wear a v-neck or low cut shirt, I check out my boobs...constantly. There is just something about the perspective of looking at them from above. The only good thing about getting fat was having big boobs. I've already lost a cup size. I'll probably end up a B cup when I'm done. But I'll still check them out.

2) Like Beth, I speak fluent Spanish. In fact I have a Bachelor's degree in Spanish from the University of Oregon.

3) On a related note, I graduated Magna Cum Laude. I put myself through University while working full time and raising my two daughters. While in college, I was bitterly unhappy due to all the stress and pressure.

4) I have been a vegetarian since I was 19 years old. I do not eat meat, fish or poultry. I do eat eggs and dairy products.

5) I only eat full-fat foods and I don't eat sugar free products (except occassionaly Splenda). I have heavy cream in my coffee in the morning. I eat real butter.

6) I have a sister who is three years older than me and a sister who is 21 years younger than me. My mom's crazy!

7) My date of my birthday this year will be 8-9-10.

8) I know I said seven things, but I also wanted to mention that I have lived in Mexico twice. I love to travel and I also love living in another country. I hope someday to retire there or perhaps somewhere else with nice weather and where they are Spanish-speaking.

I follow many wonderful blogs and it is impossible to narrow it down to just seven people to honor. This is a random list in no particular order:

1) Grace Grace is such a sweetie. I kind of feel like her big sister or something although she is much smarter than me. I wish I'd had the courage to address my eating issues at her age rather then wait until I was 36.
2) Stephanie I love Stephanie for so many reasons. She is kind and generous and beautiful. I wish we lived closer because I'm sure we'd be friends!
3) Sarah One of the first blogs I started following, Sarah is another veteran lap-bander. I so appreicate the wisdom and experience of those who've been at this for awhile!
4) Bonnie I think Bonnie has been waiting for a band longer than any other blogger I follow. I am so frustrated for her and so impressed by her patience!
5) Shrinking Mommy Shrinking Mommy is awesome. She has such a fun-sounding life.
6) Carmen Carmen is my sister from another mister (so corny, sorry!). I swear we were seperated at birth. Our pre-op weight was the same, we were banded on almost the same day, we even have the same favorite song. Every time she posts, I see a bit of me in what she has to say.
7) Tina Another Oregonian, Tina is at goal and has been such an inspiration to me.
8) Pamela A breast cancer survivor and still in the pre-band phase, Pamela is awesome! I just started following her blog and I love it and her!

7 comments:

Janice said...

Congrats on your Beautiful Blogger award! :)
I have a 13 year old who is a vegetarian. Keeps our meal times "creative."

-Grace- said...

Thank you, Amanda!!! I don't have a big sister so I'm excited to call you my banded big sis :)

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the nomination. I do feel like I've been preband for so long that it's going to be weird when I can finally post as a bandster. But I am READY! Thanks for all your support.

Band-Babe said...

#3- ditto... I did very well, but some days showing up was all I could do, and I figured if I did it enough times, they'd graduate me... looks like it worked. :0

I LOVE #5!!! Life is worth living... eating well...

I have a sister who is 23 years younger than I am... same but VERY different parents...

Amanda Kiska said...

Band Babe, My big sister and I always say that our little sister has different parents than we had. My mom is so permissive with her. It is nothing like how we were raised. Must be the norm for having kids so far apart - parents just get tired of parenting ~ lol.

Band-Babe said...

So TRUE! There's 12 years between my youngest from my first marriage and my five year old son. I don't even hide the fact of how permissive I am... you do... you just get tired, or realize that things you were worrying about just weren't worth the effort. I've picked the important things, and dropped about 90% of everything else. Family dynamics are fun.

Pamela E. Williams said...

I want to learn spanish, but feel I will muck it up and cuss somebody out accidently.

Thank you for all you do and put out there into the universe to help others.