Why am I frustrated, you ask? Maybe this is going to call for bullets.
- I am a property manager which means that I have a job that requires that I be somewhat involved in a very intimate part of everyone's life: where they live. This means that I hear way more than I want to hear about what goes on behind closed doors. Having money problems? I know about it. Your neighbor has sex too loud? Better tell the landlady. Come by the office and I've stepped out for a minute? Better phone the office and leave a five minute complaint message about how you came by to pay your rent (18 days late) and no one was there (this happened yesterday) and how dare I put a default notice on your door and then not be there when you come in to pay? Reserve your student apartment in June and then break up with your boyfriend/roommate? Better have your mom call and complain about you not getting the security deposit back when you breached the contract. Tracked cherry stains all over your carpet? Better tell the landlady that you shouldn't be held responsible for it since the carpet was three years old.
- I'm taking a vacation in a couple of weeks and I have a budget of about $850. Why does the idea of taking my kids and boyfriend somewhere sound more like torture than relaxation? I don't want to hear the bickering, the arguments, the constant drain on MOM. Why am I the only person capable of doing practically anything? I am so overwhelmed. I love my family, but I am so tired of the arguments. I feel like I am living with a house full of starving puppies, with each of them trying to get as much of the food for themselves as they possibly can. I guess in that analogy, I'm the puppy chow.
- One of my nephew is a heroin addict, another is in a juvenile detention center, a third one has a stripper girlfriend and they drink every night.
- My mom wrecked her car yesterday. She wasn't hurt, but the accident was her fault. She is very broke and not in a good situation to cope with this extra stress. She has insurance with a $500 deductible. Part of me feels like I should give her my vacation money. That might solve two problems.
- I have been working 9-10 hour days for a week and a half. I wish I had more paid time off. And health insurance.
- The spell check DOES NOT like the word arglefark.
- I saw the new Harry Potter movie on Friday and I thought it was an excellent movie BUT it really bothers me that it deviated from the book in what I feel were fairly significant ways. Also now that the series is done, it is done. Over. Finite. No more movies. No more books. Nothing to look forward to.
- It has been raining. In July. Grey, cloudy skies. The whole country is having a heat wave and we're having a throwback to March weather.