Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It all fits!

We've had some warm weather lately and after a couple weeks of cool, autumn days it was kind of unexpected.  We've already pulled out our room air conditioners from the windows and stored them away.  I've been wearing jeans and slacks and long-sleeve shirts.  I haven't packed away any clothes yet, but all my light-weight summer clothes are way too big.  So this morning as I was getting dressed I remembered a pair of crop pants that I hadn't tried in awhile.  They are a junior size 16, but even though I am wearing a size 16, the last time I tried them they were too tight.  I tried them again and they fit!  So I tried a bunch of other jeans and pants that I've been storing in my drawers and THEY ALL FIT!!!  Which means that I no longer have any smaller sizes tucked away.  Which is kind of bizarre.

For years I've had several different sizes in my closet.  I've had entire wardrobes in sizes 16, 18, 20, 22 and 24.  I've had clothes on hangers and in drawers that I couldn't wear.  I've moved with these clothes more than once.  I've occasionally removed sizes - I used to have sizes 10 - 14 too, but at some point I gave up hope that I'd ever wear them again.  As I've lost weight, I've gotten rid of the too-big clothes.  Some have gone to the Sisterhood and some to Goodwill.  So now I have size 16 and a few 18's and that's it.  This means that I could walk into my closet to put on ANYTHING I find there.  Everything fits!

Of course that means that when I'm ready for size 14's, I'm going to have to do some shopping.  Hopefully everyone will get me clothes for Christmas because I'm going to need them!

13 comments:

LauraLynne said...

Love it!! woohoo!

Theresa said...

Way to go Amanda!

LDswims said...

That's awesome. Isn't it kind of a weird feeling? I discovered, almost by accident, that everything fits. And some stuff I thought I was going to get more out of is starting to be too big...which means shopping is imminent and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for it yet. Isn't it kind of weird?

Heather said...

Isn't that a great feeling? I have been trying not to shop too much, but have had to out of necessity. My shopping excursions have been to the goodwill though. I can't bear to spend $20 or more on a pair of pants that I won't wear for long. I take my 10 year old with me. I have him search each rack and pull out everything that is the size I am looking for then I head with a big stack to the dressing room and weed them out there. While I am in the dressing room, he keeps looking. Luckily he doesn't mind, and I am able to stay clothed. Although it is a victory when you have to buy a belt so you don't show the neighbors your bottom!

Jacquie said...

WooHoo! You go girlfriend!

Debbie said...

I have been doing the same thing. I cleaned out our extra closet and I have several things that fit me now that were to tight. It's like getting a whole new bunch of clothes. lol

Island Bandit said...

awesome!!! Here's to empty closets! I haven't had the courage to get rid of the way too big clothes in my closet yet..... had decided i'd wait til i had surgery so perhaps a closet sort out is on the agenda for next week..... i've got clothes down to a size 12 and then i too will have to go shopping. right now in a 16 as well and have up to 20.

Read said...

WOO HOO!!! That's fantastic and shopping isn't the worst thing to have to do in the world.

Something About Kellie said...

Congratulations! I think that's a great reason for some serious shopping!

Justawallflower said...

This is very exciting for you! I can't wait to get to that point! The last time I lost weight I got rid of all my big clothes, as a deterrent to putting the weight back on. I bought a whole new wardrobe in a size 16, now I'm back up to 20, and have NOTHING to wear! I finally had to break down and buy a couple capri's for work to get me through til I'm banded and back down. Then I am going to try to make my 16's fit til I'm at least a 12, then shopping again! Anyway, exciting for you!

Bonnie said...

That must be a freaking amazing feeling. I have a ton of clothes in my closet that I can't wear. It will fun to be able to go shopping in my own closet for a while. Congrats on all your success.

Tina said...

so...I might just have some 14's to give away soon if you want them? You are right on my heels!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! Thats awesome so happy for you!