Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

CROP Hunger Walk

Greetings Blogland friends! I hope you had a wonderful long weekend. I'll post about my weekend later, but I wanted to take a second and ask for some help. On October 3rd, I will be participating in a three mile CROP Hunger Walk in Eugene, Oregon. It is my hope that you will be moved to make a donation. If each of you pledged $5, I'd raise $825!

CROP Hunger Walks are put on by neighbors from different faiths, cultures and ages walking together to take a stand against hunger in our world. Since hungry people in developing countries typically walk as much as six miles a day to get food, water, fuel and to take their goods to market, we walk to be in solidarity with their struggle. 25% of the pledges to this CROP Walk will benefit local, Eugene area food banks and programs and the rest will help people around the world.

Please email me at amandakiska@yahoo.com for more information about making a pledge. You can also donate through the link above. Thank you!

No comments: