Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Surgery DONE!

I had my surgery on Friday and I feel really, really good. Hardly any pain. I am back to work this morning. I even took my dog for a walk this morning. I didn't walk fast, but we made it around the track twice before I had to get ready for work.

I am processing a lot of things, but I am not quite ready to write them down yet, but I wanted to post that I came through okay.

I'm not having any trouble with the liquid diet except I keep thinking of certain foods that I'd like to have for dinner or whatever and then I remember oh yeah I'm not eating. It's kind of like several years ago when I quit smoking and I walked around for two weeks feeling like I forgot something.

Actually I've long felt that if I could just quit eating, it would be so much easier and it really is. I'm afraid of starting regular food again. I'm afraid I won't be able to stop again once I start. Hopefully the band will work as designed and help keep me in check when I do resume eating.

I am going to weigh myself once a week so I haven't done that yet, but I am already nervous about it. I am afraid that all the fluids and whatnot that they pumped into me at the hospital will leave me with dissappointing results from the scale. I will keep you posted!

No comments: