Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2015

Frustration!

I can back from vacation in August up about three pounds, which seemed about right.  Since then I have gained another four pounds or so.  September was a tough month and I didn't eat lite, at all.  I continued to follow my normal plan of logging my food and exercising, but I was probably eating about 1,600 calories a day on average, which is a little more than I would need to eat to lose.

All of October was spent really working at it, but at the end of the month, I was still up.  I weighed 158 at my last weigh in. 

Usually when I am not satisfied with my weigh in, I can look at my habits and see why.  It will be too many high-calorie coffee drinks or too many desserts or something obvious.  I just looked at MFP and saw that I was about 600 calories under my goal for the current week, 900 under for the previous week and 1,100 under for the week before that. 

Now, I do know that this time of the year is when I am more likely to gain weight.  It has happened before and it usually starts with Summer vacation.  The first time, I gained about 15 pounds, the second about six.  I'm at seven or eight this time around.  This is dangerous ground for me.  I feel like my body isn't responding or I am delusional or something. 

2 comments:

#fatfreefloozy said...

I just cannot get my fitness pal calories right either. I had 800 calories yesterday and 1700 today and I felt like I ate about the same?!? I will get on top of that one day!

MandaPanda said...

If you eat a lot of homemade food, I find MFP can be tough at getting accurate calorie counts, but beyond that, might I suggest stress may be playing a role here? You have all kinds of tension and stress going on and it definitely can affect your body. Just something to consider.