Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sup?

Me and my mom

So, I am three weeks post-op today from my band relocation.  Is that what they call it?  Who knows. 

I have been struggling to eat and even drink most of the time.  I saw the doctor on Monday morning and she thinks I should be taking the anti-nausea meds (Zofran) still (even though they make me nauseated) and have another upper GI if things don't get better. 

Monday & yesterday were frustrating, so I reluctantly took the anti-nausea meds today and I, amazingly, actually feel pretty good.  I had Taco Bell pintos & cheese for lunch with only one little bout of nausea as I was eating.  It took about two hours after I took the meds to get there, but I have even been able to drink water pretty normally.  I think I will even try to eat something for dinner tonight.  I had been sticking to liquids at night.

I know it seems like, "duh, what the hell is wrong with you?" on the medication issue, but I legitimately thought that the problem was that my band was too tight for food, not that the nausea was the problem.  But since today has been a pretty good day, I am reevaluating my position.

Have any of you ever taken Zofran?  Do you think I should only take it when I am nauseated or should I take it every 12 hours as a preventative measure to avoid the nausea?  I ask because the pharmacist said it works really well for a couple of weeks and then it doesn't work so well.  I can't imagine I will still need it in a couple of weeks, but who knows. 

2 comments:

Beth Ann said...

I've not taken that medication, but I will say after a bout of the stomach flu going around...nausea is the worst. Ugh! Hope you are feeling better!

Move it to lose it! said...

I'm sorry the Zofran is not working for you! That must be so frustrating! Hope you start feeling better soon.