Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Clever title to hook you in...

I took last week off.  It was my 38th birthday on Tuesday.  We went to Newport, Oregon for a couple days and I stayed home the rest of the time. 

Here's some pictures from Newport, Oregon.  If you've never been to the Oregon Coast, you must add it to your bucket list!  August is a good time to go because you might actually see some sunshine like we did.  The high temps were in the 60's both days, but it was so beautiful!

                                                                 California Sea Lions

                                                                        Harbor Seals

                                            My daughter Bryn touches a sea anemone

                                             Sea horse at the Oregon Coast Aquarium
                                              Regular horses - we took a family ride in the dunes

At home I stayed busy with house projects.  We painted both girls' bedrooms and reorganized things.  Here's some pics:

                                             My oldest daughter's room "before"...

                                          ....and "after"!

                                          Youngest daughter's room "before"...


                                                         ..."after"

I'm a little embarrassed by how messy their rooms were.  Really it had gotten to the point where they couldn't get things organized on their own.  They needed some help!

Food-wise things are going pretty well.  I haven't weighed myself for a while, but I will on Wednesday.  I feel pretty peaceful with food right now.


10 comments:

Perry Joyce said...

OMG! You are so pretty and petite! Sounds like you had a lovely time off - fun AND productive! :)

Cat said...

I was completely sucked in by the clever title! Hee hee.

Don't be embarrassed by your girls' rooms! Seriously, we all had messy rooms when we were kids. :) What a good mom helping them get organized!

Stephanie M. said...

I HAVE been to the Oregon coast (Cannon Beach) and you're right...gorgeous! I was actually there with Sheryl a.k.a. BitchCakes (if you read her Weight Watchers blog) and my favorite author, Laurie Notaro. Just magical, truly.

greenie said...

You look maaahvelous!

Tina said...

happy birthday..you look great! and the room look nice too. Children are impossible to organize :) Your daughters' rooms look positively tidy compared to Graces right now.

xxxooo

Something About Kellie said...

Happy Birthday!!!

So now that your done organising your kids rooms could you come do mine!! Not only do my kids need help organising so do I!!!!

Everytime you post a pic I think you look like your getting skinnier!!

I can't wait to be light enough to go horseback riding - I've only ever done it once and loved it.

:)

Rhonda said...

Looks like a great vacation, so glad you all got to get away! :)

MandaPanda said...

Sounds like a fun few days. I need to do some serious organizing with my girls' room. It's a disaster zone!

Tracy said...

I love the Oregon coast. Very beautiful! I have spent many, many camping trips there.

Your kids' rooms look like my kids' rooms! Until I come unglued! Right now they are ok. I have been very stressed lately about the amount of clutter we have in our entire house. Every nook and cranny is filled with crap! It's time to de-crap (that's a word I made up about 10 years ago!) I go through this phase about once every 2 years.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. You look great! Isn't it nice to be on vacation and not worry about the weight you are gaining and facing that when you get home? It takes away from complete enjoyment.

Justawallflower said...

I absolutely love the first photo. You look so TINY! I also like the colors you did in the girls rooms.